Alum Discusses the Influence of The Antioch School
Tucker Viemeister, son of the late Reid and Beverly Viemeister, has an article about the influence on his life of attending The Antioch School. The article has been published in the blog of Fast Company, titled "When Design Is Also the Teacher."
Viemeister currently leads the Lab at Rockwell group, a technology design group for hotels and restaurants, casinos, packaging, and products. Since joining Rockwell in 2004, he has been instrumental in the design and development of Jet Blue's Marketplace at the JFK International Airport, the "Hall of Fragments" installation that opened the Corderie dell'Arsenale at the 2008 Venice Biennale, a "living wall" for the lobby of the Sheraton Toronto, the traveling Red Lounge for Coca-Cola, and MGM City Centre in Las Vegas.
A Photo History of The Antioch School
Click on the thumbnails to enlarge and read the caption. If you can identify any of the people or the year, or what was going on, please let us know. We're also looking for current photos of alums with their families, so please send yours along.
- Arthur Morgan visiting the school. Arthur Morgan visiting the school.
- School welcoming sign. School welcoming sign.
- Audience. Audience.
- Camping, 1977. Camping, 1977.
- Doug Kirkpatrick. Doug Kirkpatrick.
- Group with teacher. Group with teacher.
- Group. Group.
- Hula Hoops in 72-73. Hula Hoops in 72-73.
- John L. John L.
- Kathy and Christa Kathy and Christa
- Late '70s. Late '70s.
- Late '70s also. Late '70s also.
- Bill Mullins. Bill Mullins.
- Neff House, 1976. Neff House, 1976.
- Same era. Same era.
- Schoolcamp. Schoolcamp.
- Seesaw, 1970-71. Seesaw, 1970-71.
- The 1952 Studebaker, pulling the school wagon. The 1952 Studebaker, pulling the school wagon.